If you are an Outlook Plug-in user, you may have noticed that the act of archiving emails into Sugar will add a flagged task to your To-Do list in Outlook 2007. The task will have the subject of the email, and will have a category of SugarCRM. (Note: This is expected behavior for the Outlook Plug-in)
This is the mechanism that we use to denote whether or not an email has already been archived to Sugar, but you may find that it’s cluttering up your To-Do list. If this is disrupting your normal use of the To-Do list, you can customize your Outlook views to filter out these tasks.
These are the basic steps, and please consult with Microsoft’s documentation for further detail.
1. Right-click within the To-Do Bar, and select the customize “Current View” option.
2. Choose the Filter button, then the Advanced tab.
3. Select the Field dropdown under the “Define more criteria” heading, and choose All Task Fields >> Categories from the 4. dropdown.
4. Set the Condition to “doesn’t contain”, and set the Value to “SugarCRM”. Click the “Add to List” button.
5. Click OK in the Filter dialog window, and then click OK in the Customize View: To-Do List dialog.
6. Your To-Do Bar will no longer display the task for the email that was archived to Sugar.
You can repeat these steps for the Tasks view within Outlook.
The original email message will retain the flag in the Mail view, to indicate that you’ve already archived the message to Sugar.