SugarForge POTM is back, and we want to hear what you think it should be.

bsoremsugar —  June 27, 2011 — 43 Comments

Since the beginning of SugarForge back in 2005, we’ve crowned a SugarForge POTM ( project of the month ) each month to recognize the most outstanding and innovative add-ons, plugins, and extensions created by our vast Sugar community. It has also been a showcase of how extensive the Sugar platform is, helping provide ideas on new ways to build SugarCRM to solve the various needs of the users it serves. As many of you have noticed, the POTM has been on a bit of a hiatus lately as previous Community Manager Jason Nassi has passed on the reins to me and I am working on re-invigorating our community. That changes today, as we are going to bring back the POTM for July.

I’d like to make the POTM selection process a more open process to reflect our more open approach to community. So I’d like to open up the floor for nominations for the POTM from now until Thursday at 12:00am midnight PT, and then Friday I’ll throw up another post on this blog where you can vote for one of the nominated projects to be the July POTM. There’s just a few criteria a project must meet in order to be POTM.

• The project must be an active one, meaning the author must be supporting it and it must work properly with the current version of SugarCRM ( version 6.2.0 )
  • The project itself must not have been a POTM previously.
  • The project must be freely available from SugarForge.

If you have a project to nominate, please post it in the comments below, let us know on Twitter, or email me. Thanks everyone for your support!

43 responses to SugarForge POTM is back, and we want to hear what you think it should be.

I would vote for Ecalendar
    being able to enter or modify calendar entries with a simple click is really missing in Sugar

Daniel Cherrington June 30, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I would like to nominate the Opacus Lite SugarCRM Outlook Plugin :
    Archives emails to SugarCRM and also allows you to create SugarCRM records direct from Outlook (and archive to these new records!)

Well, if you’re allowed to nominate your own projects, I’d nominate Advanced OpenSales (AOS). AOS delivers Products, Quotes, Contracts, Invoices & PDF Template modules to the Community Edition.

And it will soon have mail merge to PDF as part of the functionality … and it’s ALL Open Source :-)

Lots of great Projects but by far, Advanced OpenSales is AWESOME!

Advanced Open Sales

Thedavidfactor June 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm

+1 AOS (Advanced Open Sales)

AOS (Advanced Open Sales)

Okay, it is great, for my business.

AOS (Advanced Open Sales)

10.

I’m totally voting for Advanced Open Sales Quote/Invoice package. Without this, I SugarCRM would only be about 60% effective. Great package and great support.

11.
    Pascal ROBINET June 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm

+1 AOS

12.
    Gregorio escalona June 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Advanced Open Sales

13.

AOS without a doubt.  It covers some huge gaping holes in the Sugar functionality

14.

AOS without a doubt.

15.

AOS is a superb project and needed…

16.

I gotta throw another plug for AOS.  Great product and very useful.

17.

Advanced OpenSales (AOS) by far is the best project. It’s helped drive business results and is a well thought out piece of work.

18.

AOS for sure!

19.

+1 AOS (Advanced Open Sales)

20.
    Carlos Jr - Brasil June 30, 2011 at 7:16 pm

AdvancedOpenSales

21.

I nominate Advanced OpenSales (AOS). AOS delivers a great module for the CE edition and has worked flawlessly for me.

22.

AOS.Continue the good work

23.

I would have to vote for AOS

24.

AOS is great and I’ve been using it a lot in my work.

25.
    Manish Kamdar July 1, 2011 at 2:31 am

Would recommend Advanced OpenSales for their usefulness and enhancing value to Sugar. Manish Kamdar, Rincon India Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India

26.

AOS

31.

AOS

32.

AOS for sure

33.

Also my vote for AOS, great project, keep on the good work!

34.

Advanced OpenSales is AWESOME!

35.

Well, if you’re allowed to nominate the project that is described below , I’d nominate Advanced OpenSales (AOS). AOS delivers Products, Quotes, Contracts, Invoices & PDF Template modules to the Community Edition.

36.

ECalendar – good one. I recommend

37.

ECalendar is the best one

38.

I like Ecalendar. New versions get realesed often and works very-very nice. Not buggy.

39.

shocked by ecalendar. amazing one.

40.

I Don’t use anything but AOS. It’s my life saver. Thank you guys Lv u

Trackbacks and Pingbacks:

1. SugarCRM Developer Blog » Blog Archive » Looking for the October SugarForge POTM - September 12, 2011

[...] kicking back off the SugarForge Project of the Month ( POTM ) earlier this summer, we’ve highlighted a few excellent projects as chosen by you the Sugar Community as the [...]