Many long time community members have noticed that there has been an increasing number of features going into our commercial offerings, and not as many into the open source Community Edition. Well that changes in 6.3, with the vast majority of features added will benefit all of our community, from commercial customers to users of the CE product. These additions include:
- Enhanced Importing, with a redesigned wizard that can be launched from the admin panel and an API for enabling integration with cloud data providers.
- The ability to completely rename a module throughout the app from one screen
- More control over Activities handling during Lead conversion
- The ability to control the Mass Update feature specifically thru the ACL ( thanks to a contribution from Synolia on this )
- An faster UI thanks to using AJAX to load the views rather than full page reloads
- More enhancements to our EXT framework, making it easier to add upgrade-safe customizations to Sugar
And this is just the beginning. We have more in store for future releases, so stay tuned!